New tutorials, new accessories, new CasaOS – Tons of new stuff you’ll love.
Some weeks have passed, and we haven’t stopped. We’ve brought a ton of new stuff this time, so don’t miss it!
- Your co-pilot playing with Home Cloud – ZimaBoard Docs are getting many content updates.
- New NIC, MiniDP Adapter, 2Bay NAS Kit – A new collection of accessories coming soon in the store.
- Customization, Files, Storage – CasaOS brings a host of feature upgrades.
Your co-pilot playing with Home Cloud – ZimaBoard Docs are getting many content updates.
Since delivery, many backers have raised new demands for our ZimaBoard Docs. We heard it!
We plan to expand the tutorial document according to your needs, covering quick start, multi-systems, audio-visual entertainment, hardware expansion, diversified server applications, technical support, etc.
The new tutorial is nearly ready, and the documentation system and publishing process are under development. My colleague is also debugging the page layout and adjusting the page effects according to the documentation system.
New NIC, MiniDP Adapter, 2Bay NAS Kit – A new collection of accessories coming soon in the store.
Through communication in the community, we learned that some friends encountered difficulties purchasing PCIe expansion cards, adapters, and power supplies while using ZimaBoard. They didn’t know whether things were compatible and found it hard to get good bargains.
We believe our sole duty is to work hard on these aspects. So we put a lot of effort into carefully selecting a batch of accessories for rigorous testing. The good news is that we have found some reliable, high-quality suppliers and are now testing intensively.
I believe we will soon be able to introduce these carefully selected and rigorously tested products to everyone in the ZimaBoard Store at a reasonable price.
Using ZimaBoard to directly drive two 3.5″ hard drives for a 2Bay NAS solution has always been a hot topic. We have tested using a 12V/8A power adapter with a SATA-Y-cable and have completed more than 48 hours of reliability testing. Of course, this specification may seem a bit overkill, so we have ordered more power adapters from our supplier to test the minimum available power requirements. I’m sure the official plan won’t keep everyone waiting too long.
Customization, Files, Storage – CasaOS brings a host of feature upgrades.
Thank you very much for your continued support and recognition of the CasaOS project!
Our GitHub is now very close to 5K STAR, and the Discord server already has around 4.2k members.
We also received a lot of brilliant ideas and valuable comments from the community! The growth of CasaOS is inseparable from everyone’s support!
Here are the major recent updates:
- Adds new wallpapers and supports custom wallpapers
- Supports opening and closing of more components
- Supports folder sharing via SMB
- Supports access to networked storage shared by other devices via SMB
- Adds Locations and supports displaying SATA, USB, and network drives
Next, we schemed a new disk management mechanism that allows flexible use of multiple disks. It will also implement temperature and power monitoring functions in Widgets, where the community members participated in the design.
Below are some sketches. We will have dozens of more discussions, and the design team will continue refining the UI/UX design.
Stay up to date!
- Join the Community: https://www.zimaboard.com/discord
- Give CasaOS a Star! https://github.com/IceWhaleTech/CasaOS
- Register for Store Update & Special Discount: https://shop.zimaboard.com/account/register
You may also be interested in: